The Epping Forest Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organisation run by elected business people, for the benefit of local business people and the community.
Our objectives are to promote and protect the interests of our members and also to act as a channel of communication between our members and the public authorities and other bodies.
We have been representing the needs and the voice of the business community in the Epping Forest District since 1948. Our members are spread throughout the Epping Forest
Our members range from one person operations to large companies. We have members from Retailing, Banking, Media, Office Services, Travel Agencies, Construction and services such as Accountants, Solicitors, Surveyors, Estate Agents, Financial Services and many more.
If you have a business in or around the Epping Forest District, you are both invited and welcome to join us.
Eppping Forest Chamber of Forest remains one of the oldest business organisations in Essex and encouragingly our membership and diversity continues to grow.
This year we are expanding further by launching a brand new “Youth Chamber” with which we wish to help and support young people in finding work, apprenticeships, volunteering
and starting their own business. This has it’s own youth committee and will work with local employers and schools in the district.
In 2011-12 we have achieved many positive actions:
- We launched the Business Charter with the combined efforts of our colleagues in the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and The Local Strategic Partnership (LSP).
- We joined the board of the LSP where work with other organisations in the district bring about new ideas and change.
- We formed the Youth Chamber whose leader is Summer North.
- We developed this new website to provide better communication for our membership.
- We launched the One Shops Local website in collaboration with the LSP and FSB.
- We support and help in the launch of The Local Tourism Website
We actively run and collaborate on local business events, networking and fun events such as quiz and outdoor events. Many of these are run in collaboration with our associate charity The Amanda Byatt Foundation whose good work is carried around the district.
The day to day activities of the Chamber are run by the Executive Committee. The committee consists of elected officers, the secretary and co-opted representatives from other organisations. The elected officers are all volunteers and are from local businesses.
The committee meets monthly usually on the second Thursday of each month to discuss a full agenda of topics included those raised by our membership.
The AGM is usually held in May where the committee members are elected for the coming year.